Tips to Learn Indonesian Online via App
Below are some useful tips on how to learn Indonesian online via app. For those who have learned Bahasa Indonesia before with an Indonesian language instructor either online or offline class, then it’s time for you to sharpen your language skill by studying independently via some applications you can find easily on the internet.
- If you are a beginner, it’d be best to start looking for basic Indonesian lessons first. These include learning the most used Indonesian words such as names of days and months, names of animals, body parts, greetings, list of adjectives and verbs, before proceeding to basic conversation.
- Some learners can also benefit well when they study through some simple songs. These include Indonesian children songs which you can find easily online via many free apps on the internet. However listening to these songs only without knowing the meaning would be meaningless. After you find some songs you like, try to get the lyrics and find the meanings by looking up the new words in the dictionary. So how it works: Firstly, login into google.com, secondly type the keywords Indonesian Children Songs into the search column. After you find what you like, find the lyrics online. However you wouldn’t have to do this if the lyrics are already included in the app. Thirdly, take note of the new words on a piece of paper (or book) and find the meanings in the dictionary. Last but not least, study them. This will definitely improve your vocabulary fast.
Alternatively you can also find some Indonesian learning materials for elementary students via some apps available online for free. The words and phrases used in these lessons are usually simple ones and not too complex. If you still find some words are too difficult, then you can find some learning materials for kindergarten which would be very easy.
- If you think you are an intermediate student or higher who have no problem understanding what you read in an Indonesian magazine or newspaper or from a television, then try to find more literature or movie and try to get more vocabulary from what you read or watch. You can find all of these learning materials online for free.
- However for those who have never learned Indonesian language before, learning the language online via some apps could be very challenging and therefore getting an English speaking native Indonesian teacher would be a great help for you.
- Other recommended learning resources are comics. Many people love comics. And you can easily understand the context from the illustrations provided and you can also learn how some words and phrases are used based on many different contexts. Other benefit from learning through a comic is the illustrator or author usually uses short sentences instead of a long paragraph. For those who are interested in learning spoken or less formal Indonesian language, then learning via some apps or comics would be a great idea. Unlike in most magazines and newspapers where we find very formal language, the language used in comics is usually less formal and more applicable in daily conversation.
Learn Indonesian App: Free or Paid Ones?
There are many apps that can help you learn Indonesian language online. However which apps should you choose, the free ones or the paid ones? If you’re a pure beginner who has never learned the language at all, a free one would suit you best. This is because most free Indonesian learning apps aren’t too complicated and you can start by learning the most used vocabulary, such as things around you, such as names of animals, vegetables, objects around you, some adjectives and verbs, numbers, colors, body parts, and many more.
Types of Learn Indonesian Apps
Learn Indonesian App #1: Flash Cards
If you have problem studying and memorizing these words, you can search some learn Indonesian apps that already have some flash cards installed. This can help you study the words faster and easier.
Learn Indonesian App #2: Exercises
Other ways would be to find an app that contain simple Indonesian exercises that can help you practice and improve your Indonesian grammar. Some Indonesian learning institution can help you provide these kinds of self-study apps.
Learn Indonesian App #3: MP3 files
You can also find some apps that contain MP3 files to help you improve your Indonesian learning skills. These could be in the form of short conversation or simple songs for you to listen and understand.
Benefits of Learn Indonesian App
There are many benefits of having these Indonesian learning apps. If you’re a busy person with very tight schedule and always travel intensively, these apps can help you study the words whenever and wherever you have some spare time, either while waiting to board your plane or on a train.
Learning Indonesian language needs time and effort. But with some dedication, you’ll be able to speak the language in a fairly short period of time.